Metals urns for ashes – urns that endure
Urns made from metal stand for durability and strength. Therefore, they are ideal for urn walls (columbariums), or if the urn is expected to be long-lasting. Furthermore, in remembrance of a loved one, you can display a metal urn at home as well. Compare to other funeral urns, have several advantages:
Advantages of metal urns
Urns made from metal have a very special look. The glossy surface causes a noble design. At the same time, they are reliable and protective. Furthermore, the stable material offers many options for personalisation. Take a look at the advantages of metal urns for ashes:
- Wide selection of patterns
- Printing, grinding, and engraving possible
- Reliefs possible
- Stainless steel appears robust, striking, and resilient
- Metal can be coloured in different varieties
- Weight depends on the metal, aluminium or steel
- At Mementi: Guaranteed stainless
- Metal urns can be moulded in almost any form
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
Possible disadvantages when choosing a metal urn
All that glitters is not gold, as they say. Thus, shiny metal urns for a burial are not always the best choice. Here are some reasons why you might not choose one.
- Sustainability: Metal may not be permitted for certain burial places.
- Choice of material: copper, brass, gold, silver, steel – different metals have different characteristics, and not every metal is suitable for an urn.
What you should consider
There are many differences in quality when it comes to urns made from metal. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to a few things when buying metal urns online:
- Safety: You should only buy at online businesses with trustworthy certification and verification.
- Credibility: Compare ratings on a review site.
- Service: Is a lowering cord included? Pay attention to possible shipping costs and return conditions.
- Guidelines: Ask for the cemetery and burial regulations. Some urns may not be permitted for some burials, so this should be an important aspect.
- Symbolism: In alchemy, gold represented the sun and high spirituality. Iron is connected to Mars and, in the past, it was seen as a lucky charm or as protection against demons. The symbolism may differ, depending on the type of burial and the guests.
Questions concerning metal urns
Do you have any more question concerning our urns, or would you prefer a personalisation? Feel free to contact us via our contact form.