How can I paint an urn by myself?
Saying farewell to a loved one can be tough, and a self-designed urn may help you say it best. Especially at this time, you want to put emphasis on every detail. A very important detail is the urn for a cremation. The selection and design of this urn is a key element of the mourning process. It’s the deceased’s final resting place.
For relatives, the urn’s design is the last concrete memory of a loved one, his or her character, and a tribute to his or her life. Many relatives embrace the opportunity to design an urn themselves.
If you are looking for places to buy urns, we may offer a wide range of designs and materials, but we do understand you sometimes might have different ideas of the urn’s look. That’s why we offer urns you can design yourself. Our urn painting sets are easy to work with and a great opportunity to express your own creativity.
Our assortment at a glance
- Vale urns for you to design yourself with a painting set
- Glossy organic urns you can paint yourself with colours
- Urn painting sets with wax crayons
- Personal urn labelling
- Artistic urns for ashes designed by artists
Design a personal urn for a loved one
Self-designed urns are more than a decoration. They are a deep expression of affinity and personal connection. You are the only one who truly knows the deceased.
- Variety of designs: If you create an urn on your own, you can use any design you like. Simple or colourful. You decide what fits best.
- Painting with children: Children can have difficulty understanding a farewell. When designing an urn, they have a concrete relation which might make it easier to say goodbye.
- Variety of forms: There are different variations and colours of urn painting sets. So it’s your choice: from traditional to stylish.
- Organic urns: Our organic urns are a special part of our product range. Unpainted urns in our sets are completely biodegradable urns for the ashes of the deceased, and they are 100% made from organic materials.
- The right colour: Not only can organic urns be chosen in all kinds of colours, but you can decide between wax crayons and acrylic paints with brushes. All colours are tested and are perfect for the provided urns.
- Urn labelling: Would you prefer that an expert take care of the urn labelling? No problem, our painting sets can be combined with labels. You can concentrate on the creative part of the urn design, and leave the urn‘s labelling to us.
Still looking for the best way to design your urn?
A few ideas for painting your urn
Tree, car, boat, river, bicycle – there are so many motifs and beautiful things you can paint on a self-designed urn. Sit down when you get a chance, and make a list of things that remind you of the deceased. This often helps with the selection of a design and stimulates creativity.
Still missing inspiration? Please have a look on our Pinterest page.
Another creativity technique helping you to find a design is the so-called ABC list. This means you write down each letter of the alphabet on a piece of paper and, for every letter, write at least one word that reminds you of your loved one.
If you create an urn with several people in a group, we recommend the gallery method; everyone draws his or her proposal on a sheet of paper, and then you hang the pictures up, like in a gallery. Subsequently, you collectively have a look at the pictures and consider where the elements of each picture could be added on the urn.
Still have questions about self-designed urns?
Then please contact us. We gladly make time for you and explain in detail about our products, our prices, as well about our delivery, payment, and other topics concerning your purchase of an urn.
If you would like to take a look around in our urn shop, here are direct links to our selection of artistic urns or burr wood urns.
If you are an undertaker and would like to buy urn painting sets, contact us to discuss how we can help you enable your customers to create their own urns.